Keysight Technologies (NYSE: KEYS) has expanded its portfolio of charging design, emulation and test solutions. The new tools complement Keysight’s existing EV/EVSE charging test portfolio with component-level and field-testing solutions.
As the EV market expands, interoperability among e-mobility products is a growing concern for the industry—to give just two examples, DC fast charging power levels are on the rise, and bidirectional charging applications such as vehicle-to-home are becoming more common.
Keysight’s new charging test solutions are designed to improve interoperability between EVs and EVSE products through conformance testing and type approvals by focusing on the complete range of communications protocols employed by the Combined Charging System (CCS) standards.
The new charging test solutions include:
- SL1550A EV-EVSE Charging Communication Interface Tester—a fully integrated test adapter for electric vehicle communication controllers (EVCC) or supply equipment communication controllers (SECC) that enables equipment emulation or test case execution to test charging communication and protocols.
- SL1556A CCS Charging Protocol Tracer—a portable power line communication (PLC) sniffer that enables seamless observation of the CCS communication channel between EV and EVSE in the lab or in the field through conductive or inductive coupling with the charging cable.
- SL156XA EV-EVSE Charging Test Robot Series—a test automation process that can be used with the Communication Interface Tester to incorporate mechanical actuators to enable fully automated testing sequences.
- TTCN-3 Charging Communication Test Automation Software—an automated conformance testing solution for CCS charging communication based on ISO 15118 conformance testing standards.
- Smart Charging Emulation Software—a customizable and configurable emulation environment for scenario- and functional-driven EV and EVSE tests based on CCS Basic, CCS Extended, and CCS Advanced profiles, supporting DIN 70121, ISO 15118-2/-3, and ISO 15118-20/-3.
- CCS Charging Protocol Trace Viewer—a software application that enables decoding of CCS charging protocols and supports the DIN 70121, ISO 15118-2/-20 vehicle-to-grid communication standard as well as other proprietary messages defined for the hardware abstraction layer.
“Keysight’s complete charging test portfolio provides the tools we need to help our partners emulate real-life use cases to analyze the effects of EV charging on the power grid—both for quality and immunity tests,” said Onoph Caron, Director of Keysight customer ElaadNL. “With these new solutions, we can speed innovation by mitigating interoperability challenges to bring new products to market quickly and smoothly, especially with new market developments such as vehicle-to-grid and new versions of the ISO 15118 standard.”
“With the introduction of new communications-based charging test solutions to Keysight’s test portfolio, we are giving the industry the tools it needs to respond to the accelerating e-mobility market,” said Thomas Goetzl, Vice President and General Manager for Keysight’s Automotive & Energy Solutions. “Keysight is the only vendor offering a complete turn-key solution, from R&D to maintenance.”
Source: Keysight Technologies